Lawn Creation - New and existing lawns
Groundcover® is New Zealand’s only installer for an exclusive process called Terraseeding™ - or “seeding with soil”.
This process provides precise and calibrated injection of any number of granular soil enhancers, grass seed (any seed blend is possible), fertiliser, or weed inhibitors while we are “blowing in” lawn mixes.
Using a pneumatic blower truck, seed is injected during the blowing application process.
The ‘blowing in” of lawn mixes levels the rough grade of the sub-soil with a smooth finished layer of well draining soil.
Terraseeding™ replaces the need for other traditional seeding methods including hydro-seeding, hand broadcasting or roll-out turf and has significant advantages over these traditional methods.
Benefits and Advantages of Terraseeding™:
- Seed planted rather than sprayed on top, reducing exposure to the elements and wildlife
- Healthy and uniform turf produced at a quicker rate
- Seed protected and able to root down into the soil
- Seed not exposed to the elements on top of the soil
- Germination increased because warmth and moisture in soil
- Reduced soil compaction
- Improved turf rooting and durability
- Reduced thatch
- Plant nutrients supplied at the time of seeding
- Bald and thinning lawns remedied easily by overseeding. A light layer of compost combined with a grass blend is superior to traditional methods
For further information on how this process can benefit you, or to receive a copy of our interactive Terraseeding™ CD please contact us. (Terraseeding™ is a trademark of Express Blower, Inc)